Bible Promises Quiz – Can You Answer These 7 Power Promises from the Word?
A Quiz to Help You Draw Power From the Word!
and waiting at this very moment
for each one of us to tap into.
If we all can use extra wisdom,
help, strength, faith, and so on,
then the real question is…
Why are we not tapping into this great power source that has been provided for us?
Good question – huh? Even if you are already drawing on the power of the Word, chances are it is not in the measure it should be. I encourage you today, as I encourage myself, to dig in and fill up!
Check out these seven great Bible promises. See how many of the blanks you can fill correctly. Give yourself an extra point for each blank you answer without looking at the choices.
Quiz – Can You Answer These 7 Bible Promises?
1. “Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you _______.” (Jesus in Matthew 11:28)
2. “Blessed is the man that walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scornful… Whatever he does shall _______.” (Psalm 1:1,3)
A. is forgiven
C. will fail
D. pleases God
3. “Call unto me, and I will _______ you, and show you great and mighty things, which you know not.” (Jeremiah 33:3)
A. come to
B. always help
4. “Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in _______, through the power of the Holy Ghost.” (Romans 15:13)
5. “And we know that _______ things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.” (Romans 8:28)
6. “Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, _______on these things…and the God of peace shall be with you.” (Philippians 4:8-9)
7. “Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be _______.” (Matthew 5:4)
Answers to the Bible Promises Quiz:
1. D – Rest
The solution to tension is trust. Jesus invites us to bring all our problems to Him. In exchange, He offers an end to turmoil and stress. When our task seems to hard, we need to invite the Lord to help. His presence will enable us to work in relaxed efficiency.
2. B – Prospers
Going God’s way helps us prosper and ensures that He will give what is best for us. Drop all thoughts of failure, and believe that what you attempt in faith will prosper.
3. C – Answer
God not only hears our sincere prayers, He answers them. We must listen for His answer and look for His guidance.
4. B – Hope
To hope is simply to look forward in faith. Discover how much easier life becomes when you face it with hope. Today, say and think only hopeful things.
5. A – All
God is working in all the things that happen to us. Nothing is outside His loving purpose. Believe that, and remind yourself and others daily.
6. C – Think
Again and again the Bible urges us to think, to focus on positive things. The result? God’s own peace. (Verses 7 and 9) Write down five things that are good and thank God for them every day.
7. A – Comforted
The deepest solution to bereavement is God’s tender comfort. From the loss of a loved one to the loss of a job, He can transform any mourning by His understanding presence.
How Did You Do?
- 4-5 points, Good Job
- 6-7 points, Great Job
- 8-14 points, Excellent!
Conclusion: Commit these Scripture verses to memory. Draw on the power and practical wisdom they hold. Let these seven Bible promises from the Word of God empower you.
May you tap into the great power source of God’s Word and live a life of growing prosperity!
Be blessed to be a blessing –
p.s. how did you do? leave a comment and post your results…
10 New Year Resolutions to Renew Your Spirit!
Simple Resolutions to Enrich & Revitalize Your Life
Why not make this year’s resolutions ones that
will enrich and revitalize your life?
If you find there are a million things you intend to do,
but somehow you forget, procrastinate, or
just plain run out of time, I know how you feel.
Sometimes the simplest things are…
the hardest to accomplish.
When you evaluate your to-do list and priorities
this new year, move the things that enrich your life to the top of the list.
Clear out what you can when it comes to those things that drain you, and make simple resolutions that will renew your spirit. Even though they may be difficult to commit to at times, the results will definitely be worth the effort.
10 Simple New Year Resolutions to Revitalize Your Life
(You’ve probably already heard them a thousand times, but they still work.)
1. Read the Bible cover-to-cover this year. Keep a helpful Bible study resource handy to get you through those difficult reading points that may cause you to lose heart.
2. Volunteer your time and talents. Reach out to others through service in community and church based organizations. Be a blessing to your neighbors by serving them in some way.
3. Heal broken relationships. Forgive those whom you need to forgive. Don’t allow unforgiveness to hold you back any longer. Forgive and allow peace to rule.
4. Read a classic book. Enrich your life through some of the classics that you may have yet to experience such as C.S. Lewis, A.W. Tozer, Jane Austen, Shakespeare, etc… And don’t let reading be your excuse now that so many books are available on audio.
5. Make a monthly date night with your spouse. For those of you who are married, dedicate at least one day a month for a special date time with your spouse. Take a day to give your spouse the intimate attentions he or she deserves and enrich your marriage.
6. Pray daily. Bring your thoughts, praises, concerns, and requests to God every morning (at least). Stop trying to live life all by yourself. Talk to God and He will listen attentively and respond specifically.
7. Take a vacation. To many people never take vacations, but a time of refreshing is very important. Even God rested on the seventh day!
8. Renew relationships. Contact a friend or relative you haven’t heard from in a long time. Relationships are important to God and they should be important to us.
9. Visit a museum. Why not? There is a museum for just about everything. Revitalize your life by sparking a long-forgotten interest.
10. Share the Gospel. It is what we are here on earth to do. Make it a priority this year to share the Good News and show your concern for the spiritual welfare of those you come in contact with.
The New Year is a gift from God and a fresh start.
May you start strong, revitalize your life and experience growing prosperity!
Aim higher –
I Will Cry Unto GOD Most High – Psalm 57
“I will cry unto God most high:
unto God that performs all things for me.
Be exalted, O God, above the heavens;
let your glory be above all the earth.
My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed:
I will sing and give You praise.
I will praise You, O Lord, among the people:
I will sing unto You among the nations.
For your mercy is great unto the heavens,
and your truth unto the clouds.
Be exalted, O God, above the heavens:
let your glory be above all the earth.”
— Psalm 57:2,5,7,9-11
Enjoy these verses…
God bless you,
Wisdom Stability of the Lord – Isaiah 33:6
The Stability of Your Times is Found in the Lord!
“And wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of your times, and strength of salvation: the fear of the Lord is his treasure.”
— Isaiah 33:6
This video didn’t turn out like I intended, but the verse is still a good one! 🙂
It is also interesting, because at our mid-week service tonight, my Pastor taught some on how salvation includes not only our eternal spiritual salvation, but also the other benefits of God including spiritual, physical, and materially blessings.
He also pointed out that we need to be knowledgeable about what is available to us so we can claim it. When I look at this verse it relates…
If we want true stability we have to look to God’s Word and get it through the salvation He provided. And further wisdom and knowledge of His Word will help us tap into the great inheritance provided us. A healthy fear of the Lord, that causes us to obey His Word is a treasure greater than we can receive in this lifetime!
God bless you –