The Secret of the LORD – Discover the Key to the Treasures of Life!
Do You Fear the LORD?
Secrets are something we all have and not all secrets are bad. We share our secrets with those who are in close relationship with us and who we can trust. God has some secrets He would like to share with those who are in an intimate relationship with Him.
How do we enter into an intimate relationship with God?
Fear of God is the starting point to having an intimate relationship with Him.
“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.” Proverbs 1:7
It seems that many Christians call Jesus their Lord and Savior but they don’t fear Him with a holy fear that acknowledges He is their supreme Lord.
People tend to love a distorted image of Jesus that they create with their own imagination and understanding.
Don’t be fooled, a lack of holy fear separates us from intimacy with God.
How do you obtain this necessary fear of the Lord? (Proverbs 2:1-5)
1) Receive the Word of God. “My son, if you will receive my words, …”
2) Hide His Commandments in You. “… And hide my commandments with you; …”
3) Incline Your Ear to Wisdom. “… So that you incline your ear unto wisdom, …”
4) Apply Your Heart to Understanding. “… and apply your heart to understanding; …”
5) Cry Out For Knowledge & Discernment. “… Yes, if you cry after knowledge, and lift up your voice for understanding; …”
6) Seek it and Search as You Would for Hidden Treasures. “… If you seek her as silver, and search for her as hidden treasures; then shall you understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.”
The fear of the LORD is the key to Unlock His Treasures.
Fear of the Lord is the key that unlocks His treasures in our lives.
“And wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of your times, and strength of salvation; the fear of the LORD is the key to this treasure.” — Isaiah 33:6
God desires that we draw near to Him, but this is impossible without a holy fear. It is not about being scared of God. The person who fears God has nothing to hide because he knows his life is an open book before God. He puts God’s desires before the desires of himself and others.
How does God know if we fear Him?
We obey Him. Evidence of a holy fear is obedience to God’s commandments.
The Secret of the LORD is with Those Who Fear Him
“The secret of the LORD is with them that fear Him; and He will show them His covenant.” Psalm 25:14
A holy fear of the Lord produces unconditional obedience in our hearts and lives. The Lord is drawn to those who fear Him and He works in them both to will and to do His good pleasure. Those that fear the Lord enjoy his secret and treasures.
May you draw near to God as He draws near to you and experience a life of growing prosperity!
God bless you,
P.S. Inspiration to write this article came from two highly recommended resources: The Bible and John Bevere’s book Drawing Near, A Life of Intimacy with God