10 New Year Resolutions to Renew Your Spirit!
Simple Resolutions to Enrich & Revitalize Your Life
The New Year is just beginning.
Why not make this year’s resolutions ones that
will enrich and revitalize your life?
If you find there are a million things you intend to do,
but somehow you forget, procrastinate, or
just plain run out of time, I know how you feel.
Sometimes the simplest things are…
the hardest to accomplish.
When you evaluate your to-do list and priorities
this new year, move the things that enrich your life to the top of the list.
Clear out what you can when it comes to those things that drain you, and make simple resolutions that will renew your spirit. Even though they may be difficult to commit to at times, the results will definitely be worth the effort.
10 Simple New Year Resolutions to Revitalize Your Life
(You’ve probably already heard them a thousand times, but they still work.)
1. Read the Bible cover-to-cover this year. Keep a helpful Bible study resource handy to get you through those difficult reading points that may cause you to lose heart.
2. Volunteer your time and talents. Reach out to others through service in community and church based organizations. Be a blessing to your neighbors by serving them in some way.
3. Heal broken relationships. Forgive those whom you need to forgive. Don’t allow unforgiveness to hold you back any longer. Forgive and allow peace to rule.
4. Read a classic book. Enrich your life through some of the classics that you may have yet to experience such as C.S. Lewis, A.W. Tozer, Jane Austen, Shakespeare, etc… And don’t let reading be your excuse now that so many books are available on audio.
5. Make a monthly date night with your spouse. For those of you who are married, dedicate at least one day a month for a special date time with your spouse. Take a day to give your spouse the intimate attentions he or she deserves and enrich your marriage.
6. Pray daily. Bring your thoughts, praises, concerns, and requests to God every morning (at least). Stop trying to live life all by yourself. Talk to God and He will listen attentively and respond specifically.
7. Take a vacation. To many people never take vacations, but a time of refreshing is very important. Even God rested on the seventh day!
8. Renew relationships. Contact a friend or relative you haven’t heard from in a long time. Relationships are important to God and they should be important to us.
9. Visit a museum. Why not? There is a museum for just about everything. Revitalize your life by sparking a long-forgotten interest.
10. Share the Gospel. It is what we are here on earth to do. Make it a priority this year to share the Good News and show your concern for the spiritual welfare of those you come in contact with.
The New Year is a gift from God and a fresh start.
May you start strong, revitalize your life and experience growing prosperity!
Aim higher –